To be eligible to rent a Tungsten home, your household’s gross annual income must not exceed the following amounts:*
2020 Income Limits
|Income Limit Per Household Size 60%||$48,360||$55,260||$62,160||$69,060||$74,640||$80,160||$85,680|
The following sources count toward your income:
- Gross (before deductions) employment/wage income for all household members over age 18, including any overtime salary, shift differential, bonuses, fees, tips, and commission
- Net (after deductions) self-employment/business income
- Unemployment benefits
- Federal financial assistance including but not limited to Social Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Income (SSDI), Veteran’s Administration (VA) pay, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) income, and Old Age Pension (OPA) income for all household members including children
- Child support and alimony income
- Income from assets, including but not limited to checking and savings account interest earned, money market accounts, stocks and bonds, whole life insurance policies, investments, etc.
- Net income from personal property and/or real estate rentals
- Recurring monetary contributions or gifts (gifts include payments made directly to service providers such as utilities, phone, rent, etc.)
- Income from all assets – annual income includes amounts derived from assets to which family members have access or items of value that may be turned into cash
The following documentation will be required at an eligibility appointment:Identification-For each adult 18 years of age and older:
For each minor child under 18 years of age:
- Copy of Social Security Card; and
- Copies of Identification (any of the following): state-issued driver’s license, state-issued identification card, Resident Card or Government-Issued Passport.
- Copy of birth certificate; and
- Copy of Social Security Card.
You may be asked for the following documentation prior to signing a lease agreement:
- Four to five most current employment paystubs
- Six months of consecutive checking account statements
- Current savings account statement
- Current statements for trusts, CD, stocks, bonds, money markets, retirement and pension funds, etc.
- Benefit card (EBT) current balanceverification
- Public assistance award letters (not SNAP benefits)
- Most current tax return with Schedule C (for self-employed individuals)
- Court documentation for divorce, custody and/or alimony agreements
- Current mortgage statement (homeownership) and most current tax return with a Schedule E (rental property income)
Minimum Age: The head of household who is applying must be at least 18 years of age to enter into a lease agreement.
Income: Applicants must have:
- A combined gross income (before taxes and deductions) of at least two times the rent of the offered home or a (Section 8) Housing Choice Voucher; and
- A minimum of six months of steady employment or a verifiable, sufficient source of income (such as Social Security, SSDI, etc.)
Rental History: Two years of satisfactory rental history is required.
Criminal History: BCHA will conduct a national criminal and sex offender background check for all adults age 18 years and older if/when offered a Tungsten Village home. At that time, staff will collect a non-refundable fee of $11 for each background check, paid by money order (only).
You may be denied housing if any or all of the following apply regarding you or any other adult household member:
- You have been convicted of a felony within the past six years; and/or
- You have been convicted of a violent or sexual crime; and/or
- You have used methamphetamine in the last twelve months or a controlled substance other than methamphetamine in the last six months; and/or
- You have a consistent record of convictions for misdemeanors or felonies and/or
- Staff find other information in your background report that supports a determination that you have engaged indisqualifying criminal activity.
For specific questions regarding determination of eligibility, please contact BCHAleasing@bouldercounty.org or 720-564-2267, option 1